To wit, match Muammar Gaddafi’s record up against that of your favorite candidate:
• Gadhafi nationalized his nation’s oil reserves and used the revenue to build schools, universities, hospitals, and infrastructure.
• Money from Libya’s oil revenue is deposited into the bank account of every citizen.
• He raised the literacy rate from 20 per cent to 83 per cent.
• He built one of the finest health care systems in the “Third World.”
All people have access to doctors, hospitals, clinics and medicines—free of charge. If a Libyan needs surgery that is unavailable in Libya, funding is provided for the surgery overseas.
• He raised the life expectancy from 44 to 75 years of age.
• Basic food items were subsidized and electricity was made available throughout the country.
• He developed huge irrigation projects in order to support a drive towards agricultural development and food self-sufficiency.
• Recognizing that water, not oil, would be the scarcest resource of the future, Gaddafi initiated the construction of the Great Man Made River, which took years to complete.
Referred to as a wonder of the modern world, this river pumps millions of gallons of water daily from the heart of the Sahara desert to the coast, where the land is suitable for agriculture.
• Any Libyan who wanted to become a farmer was and still is given free use of land, a house, farm equipment, livestock and seed.
• Gaddafi vowed that his own parents, who lived in a tent in the desert, would not be housed untilevery Libyan was housed.
He fulfilled that promise.
• Under Gaddafi, Libya has now attained the highest standard of living in Africa.
• Gaddafi put up a communications satellite—the first in Africa—to bring the continent of Africa into the 21st century of technology.
This also interrupted the massive fees that European companies had been charging the Africans.
• He gave women full access to education and employment, and he has enabled women to serve in the armed forces.
• Gaddafi started and financed the African Union to tie all of the Mother continent into an eventual body with a common purpose called the “United States of Africa.”
• Gaddafi did so much to develop Africa that even Obama’s arrogant Caucasian cohort Hillary Clinton had to admit as she stood before the African Union:
“I know it is true over many years, Gadhafi played a major role in providing financial support for many African nations and institutions…”
She could not claim America did ANYTHING but exploit, exploit, exploit—and murder!
• He was the first and only leader in the Arab world to formally apologize for the Arab role in the trade of African slaves.
He acknowledged that Blacks were the true owners of Libya and proclaimed in his Green Book, “the Black race shall prevail throughout the world.”
• Nelson Mandela called Muammar Gaddafi one of the 20th century’s greatest freedom fighters, and insisted that the eventual collapse of South Africa’s apartheid system owed much to Gaddafi and Libyan support.
Posted by Ryuzakero, 07 June 2012.
Supported by LibyanFreePressNetwork